Monday, December 22, 2008

In my arms I held.

I will forever be grateful to Cindy for doing a photoshoot with us birthmothers. I am so glad to have these wonderful pictures expecially when I look at my hositpal ones. I am grateful for the love I feel from my friends who understand my decision. Without them each day would be harder. I know that my daughter loves me and understand my decision. I will always love her.



In my arms I held
The most precious thing
Known to mankind
With ten little fingers

And ten little toes
Hair of brown and eyes of blue
So little and fragile

I didn't want to let go
As she looked up at me

With such uncertain eyesS
he gave out a little cry
There I knew I had to let go
I placed her in the arms

Of one that could not bear her own
But could give her all I could not
This person I know will take great

Care of her
Her life will be happy and secure
This I trust with faith and love
She will grow to understand

It was out of love for her
That with a kiss on the cheek
I placed her in the arms
Of the one she will call mother

© Sharon Roberts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing even if I am a bit bias (since I am your mom) Our little angel is a beautiful little thing and I think of her each and every day at least once. I know she is loved by many to which I am very grateful.