Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Open Adoption

I had my baby girl MayLynn Chaylea on December 8th of 2010. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! I placed her with Jared and Rachel DeWoody on the 11th of December. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and will ever do in my life. I had trouble while I was pregnant. I did not know whether I was going to place her or keep her. I knew all along in my heart that I needed to place her with the DeWoody's.

I found the DeWoodys on the itsaboutlove lds adoption website. I was very VERY picky about if I placed my precious girl for adoption who were going to be the ones to take care of her. I wanted the best in the world. I wanted her to have parents that have the same personality and likes the same things I do. Also I wanted her to live in California. Don't ask me why I just did. As I sat there and made that first e-mail to them I though I was going crazy. I didn't know what I was doing. I loved that they had already adopted a girl whose name is Morgan. I wanted someone that has been through the adoption process. As I talked to them more I learned that they had adopted a son McKay, and they weren't even suppose to be up on the website! How crazy is that?

Time was crunching down in December. We had no idea when she was going to decide to come. The DeWoodys weren't coming down till the 12th. Little did we all know she had made other plans. She decided to come on the 8th which was her actual due date! I called them Tuesday in the afternoon and let them know that I was in labor! Since they lived up in Fresno area they had to hurry to get here. They were able to make it by the end of the day, and the next day I had her!
 <><>
<>
<><>
Rachel, Jared, McKay, and Morgan at the hospital!



I took her home with me for the 3 days before I signed. It was the most incredible thing I have ever done. I miss her so much!! I love her with all of my heart and more!

Adoption is a hard thing to go through. I know I don't know how to act. I don't know how to tell the adoptive couple I'm hurting. But in the end to me what matters is my baby girl. I'm so glas to know that she is happy! And I'm glad that I was able to name her. Her name is MayLynn Chaylea. I'm proud to be her birthmom. She will always be my daughter to me. She just gets to have the love of two mothers. What a lucky little girt! I love you forever and always baby girl!

No comments: